Now that smoothie season is officially behind us, I have been craving all the oatmeal! However, with super early mornings, kids rushing off to school, and deadlines that need to be met, I don’t always have time to sit down and eat, let alone make, a big ‘ol bowl of oatmeal. That is until The Gluten Free Bar introduced me to their Protein-Packed Oatmeal in convenient on-the-go bowls. As easy as pour-and-go, the packs are full of taste and nutrition and really satisfy that warm, breakfast craving.
However, I’ve got to admit that eating hot oatmeal while driving isn’t the smartest idea, and so that’s where these Maple+Raisin Protein-Packed Oatmeal Bites step in!
Made out of my craving for Oatmeal Cookies, but no time to bake them [due to lots of sick kiddos in my house], these Oatmeal Bites are serious next-level good and maybe the only way I eat oatmeal for the foreseeable future!
Maple+Raisin Protein-Packed Oatmeal Bites Recipe
- 1 pouch The GFB Maple+Raisin Protein-Packed Oatmeal
- 2 scoops Orgain Vanilla Plant-based Protein Powder
- 2 TB Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 TB Fiber Syrup (or Maple Syrup or Honey, if preferred)
- 1-2 TB Cashew Milk, or milk of choice
- Empty the Oatmeal packet into a small bowl.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Start with 1 TB Milk, and then continue to add until you reach your desired consistency.
- To roll it in balls, refrigerate for at least 1 hour, although overnight is preferred. However, if you want to eat it as cookie dough, take a spoon and dig in!
- Eat and enjoy!
- You can also add 1 egg and 1 tsp Baking Powder if you wish to make these into baked Cookies. It will make about 6.
- And if you want to try another flavor, the Oatmeal packs can easily be swapped out – as can the nut butter or flavor of protein powder. So please, feel free to make it your own!