PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
TOTAL TIME: 15 mins
These healthy, no bake granola bars give you the perfect balance of sweet, crunchy texture. Made with Sunbutter, drizzled with Honey, and filled with a healthy portion of Pistachios and Coconut, not only are these bars deliciously satisfying, they will have you begging for more. Plus, the addition of the highly nutritious Moringa Powder will have you feeling good on both the inside and out!
SERVES: 10 bars
- 1 cup Packed Dates, pitted (Deglet Nour or Medjool)*
- ¼ cup Honey (sub maple syrup or agave for a vegan option)
- ¼ cup Creamy Sunbutter
- 1 cup Unsalted Pistachios, loosely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Rolled Oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 Tb. Kuli Kuli Moringa Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup Lightly Toasted Coconut Flakes
Optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruit, banana chips, etc.
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Optional step: Toast your oats in a 350-degree oven for 15 (or so) minutes, or until slightly golden brown [if you prefer the toasted flavor].
- Place oats, pistachios, salt, moringa powder and dates in a bowl – set aside.
- Warm honey and sunbutter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture. Add the vanilla. Mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8 dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper [so they lift out easily].
- Press down until uniformly flattened. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. They will last several weeks if stored in the fridge.
NOTES: *If your dates don’t feel sticky and moist, soak them in water for 10 minutes then drain before processing. This will help hold the bars together better.