Did you know that May is Celiac Awareness Month?! Many people aren’t aware of this – or even what Celiac Disease truly is for that matter. Without going into a whole lot of detail (because that deserves a whole other blog), Celiac Disease is basically a [super] amped up version of gluten-intolerance. When people with Celiac Disease eat foods containing gluten (including wheat, barley and rye), their immune system responds by damaging the villi of the small intestine, which in turn makes the body unable to absorb nutrients into the bloodstream; and over time leads to malnourishment.
This can also lead to other serious health consequences, including such things as depression, anxiety, other autoimmune diseases, osteoporosis, thyroid disease, intestinal damage and even certain cancers. And you thought your IBS was bad enough?!
Getting a proper diagnosis for Celiac can be tough stuff and takes an average of 6-10 years to achieve. Furthermore, it’s estimated that 83% of the people with Celiac Disease in the United States are undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, making the whole process even more frustrating!
This isn’t actually that surprising since many people believe that the whole idea of going “gluten-free” is just a fad in the first place! However, I believe that there really is science behind the idea. I mean, the fact that the wheat itself has drastically changed in purely a genetic sense (over the past 50 years or so), making it grow faster, taller, thicker, etc. should be telling you something! Don’t you think that must have some affect on how it is broken down and processed in your body??
Not to mention the fact that allergies and disease have risen an unbelievable amount since these changes have been taking place… And while I do believe this is partly because medicine and technology have advanced in such a way that we can detect such abnormalities at an earlier stage, this still should make you think that somethingis not right.
With all that said, there are a lot of companies that have tried to capitalize on the whole “gluten-free” idea by making products that are gluten-free, but yet have so many other fillers and artificial ingredients that they can hardly be considered good for you. However, there are also a lot of brands that make it their mission to create better-for-you versions of your typical gluten-laden foods, really taking into account all of the various health and nutrition aspects of the ingredients they choose to use.
This is why, for the rest of this month, I am featuring products that do just that! Not to say I won’t be highlighting some non-food items as well, but I too want to help bring awareness to Celiac Disease and let all sufferers know that they are better options out there and you don’t have to just “mask” or “deal” with the disease – you can live a truly fulfilled life!
[Want to learn more about Celiac Disease? HERE is the link to The Beyond Celiac Organization. And if you want to learn more about Celiac Awareness Month and the history of Celiac Disease, then click HERE.]
I’m also including the links to my 2018 Mother’s Day Gift Guide – just in case you missed it or can’t find the original email! Because every week should honor you as Mothers – and who doesn’t want to make their life a little easier – and tastier?! (Oh, and all the food items are gluten-free, so this goes along with my whole #CeliacAwareness theme as well J).
- HNINA Gourmet: Chocolate and Sprouted Nut Truffles that are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G., and surprisingly good for you! Especially made for expectant moms and those that are nursing – although everyone is sureto LOVE them! Get 10% OFF your entire order, every time with this link: https://hninagourmet.com/discount/HEALTHYFITFABMOMS10
- Oilogic Slumber & Sleep: Essential Oil roll-ons, body washes, bath soaks, etc. for both you and your littlest of loves. Because who doesn’t want a more restful night’s sleep?!
- Baby Doppler: Sonoline B + GIVEAWAY. To help make those months leading up to baby’s birth as stress free as possible! [Although the Giveaway is over, they are still offering 10% off if you use the code vip10 at checkout!]
- Daily Harvest: A super easy and nutritious way to get tasty and healthy meals all-day long! Get your choice of 3 FREE CUPS of frozen Smoothies, Overnight Oats, Chia Parfaits, Soups, Harvest Bowls, Sundaes and/or Lattes with the code healthyfitfabmoms at https://www.daily-harvest.com/
- Snuggle Me Organic: The best way to get some me-time – and some much needed rest – when you have a new baby. It’s the perfect “hug” when you just don’t seem to have enough hands.
- EBY: A new, empowering brand of seamless underwear, launched by Sofia Vergara that is comfortable, cute and “sexy enough for the Emmys”.
- Goodlight Natural Candles: Who doesn’t love a good candle?! But did you know that the majority of candles are made out of paraffin – an extremely toxic sludge that is derived from petroleum?! Yeah, it’s not something I want in my house either (especially when I’m pregnant and/or have kids around!) and is why I am thrilled to have found a natural and affordable alternative!
- Nikki’s Coconut Butter: From the creamy texture and tropical aroma, to the slightly sweet taste and rich finish, Coconut Butter is good on – and with – pretty much anything! Then try adding flavors that make it taste like Vanilla Cake Batter and Dark Chocolate Fudge, and who wouldn’t want to eat it straight out of the jar! Now thanks to Nikki’s Coconut Butter, I do!
And here is a list of several more Coupon Codes, just because I love helping to save you all the time and money [and stress!] that I can J.
- LeTote: Want a way to stay fashionable and feel fresh without the commitment and big price tags? Then you’ve got to check out LeTote! They even have Maternity options! Receive a FREE TOTE filled with clothing and/or jewelry if you use the link: https://letote.com/freetote/JESSICA14038
- Sunbasket: Want to SAVE $40 off your first order of Sun Basket? Then simply click HERE! With 16 meals to choose from each week, all of which include Organic and Sustainable produce harvested at the peak of freshness, you are sure to find multiple meals that you and your family will love!?
- Tranquilo Mat: Looking for a way for both you and your newborn (or toddler for that matter!) to sleep better? Than check out this soothing, vibrating mat from Tranquilo Mat. Get $10 OFF your order with the code: http://tranquilomat.refr.cc/jessicaboscarini
- Hungryroot: Delicious plant-based meals, sides and desserts delivered straight to your door. Plus, everything can be completely customizable! Get $30 OFF your first order with the link: https://www.hungryroot.com/r/J01SX5
As always, I want to thank you for being part of our community! We love having you!
If you have friends and/or colleagues who you think would lovethe info as much as you do, please SHARE our Newsletter with them. LIKE us on Facebook and FOLLOW us on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to stay connected as well!
Have additional questions? Please feel free to CONTACT US today, or leave your comments below!