May 11th Newsletter – 2018
With Mother’s Day just two short days away, I can’t really make this Newsletter about much else – seeing that my whole business – and life really – is centered around Moms and being a Mom myself! Two things I wouldn’t have any other way!!
With that said, I wanted to let you all know why I really started this career path in the first place, as well as what being a Mom truly means to me: in case you find yourself asking, “who is this girl and what’s her background anyway?!” LOL!
First off, being a Mom is tough stuff! Filled with sleepless nights, long and unappreciative days and lots, and lots of messes! But it is also the most rewarding thing I have ever done and helps me to appreciate all the little things I have and experience on a day-to-day basis, as well as the blessings I call my children! Constantly bringing me joy, happiness and lots of laughter – not to mention the endless amounts of love – I couldn’t imagine my life any other way!
I’ve always wanted to be a Mom. From the time I first laid eyes on my little brother to the days I used to “help” my Mom in her Sunday-school classes at church, I’ve loved being around babies and children and knew that I wanted a big family of my own one day.
Now fast forward to my teenage years and then being told that if I kept up my eating habits, or lack there-of, I wouldn’t be able to have kids [that stories for another day], and my life got turned upside down. This is what truly started my health journey and the path to healthy living that I now stroll down every day!
Knowing that I loved business and wanted to have one of my own one day, I went to school and graduated with my BS in Business Management. However, a little voice in my head – as well as all my family and friends – kept telling me that I needed to do something with nutrition since I was so knowledgeable and could help so many. So, I went back to school and earned my Master’s in Holistic Nutrition and simultaneously became a Certified Nutritional Chef. Turning this into a career and working as a Holistic Nutritionist and Personal Chef for various families and events, I still had the whole “Mom thing” in the back of my mind.
Jump to about 8 months after I got married: I was overjoyed to find out I was pregnant with my first [son] and quickly turned my business to [mainly] focus on Moms and Moms-to-be. Quickly realizing that “getting pregnant” doesn’t happen over night and then once you are, it’s a long 9 months of nurturing your baby and body to create the most wholesome environment as possible, I wanted to share my expertise with other Moms to help make this journey as seamless as possible. I also learned that breastfeeding was a struggle for many women, although few liked to talk about it. This was also eye-opening since I was blessed with an over-abundance of milk (to put it lightly); and I have to credit a lot of this to the way I ate and took care of myself during and after pregnancy.
Over the years I’ve also discovered how little time us Moms have on a day-to-day basis and that taking care of our bodies through exercise and healthy eating can be a struggle all in itself. But it doesn’t have to be! I’m here to prove that, and to make your every day healthy lifestyle journey as easy on you Mom, and your families as possible!
That is why I post my Reviews, create Meal Plans and Recipes, instruct Pilates and teach Fitness Programs, as well as design Registries and do Motherhood Consulting: because being a Mom is a lot of work and takes a lot of time, but taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your family! Because if you don’t, no one else will, and you and your family-life will suffer.
To be the best to others you need to be the best to yourself!
THIS is why I do what I do and why I believe that being a Mom – and incorporating a healthy lifestyle into the journey – are the two most important things you can do in your life!
So HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all you Moms out there! May this be a relaxing and self-indulgent weekend and the start (or continuance) to a journey filled with self-care and love – because you truly do deserve it!
And, just in case you missed it last week, here is my 2018 Mother’s Day Gift Guide! Filled with things to help make your life a little easier – and tastier – both Moms and Moms-to-be will hopefully be able to enjoy these “me time” treats many times over! Because we all know that being a Mom is a 24/7 job and never stops – so neither should the amount of times you get to feel special!
- HNINA Gourmet: Chocolate and Sprouted Nut Truffles that are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G., and surprisingly good for you! Especially made for expectant moms and those that are nursing – although everyone is sureto LOVE them! Get 10% OFF your entire order, every time with the link: https://hninagourmet.com/discount/HEALTHYFITFABMOMS10
- Oilogic Slumber & Sleep: Essential Oil roll-ons, body washes, bath soaks, etc. for both you and your littlest of loves. Because who doesn’t want a more restful night’s sleep?!
- Baby Doppler Sonoline B Heart Rate Monitor: To help make those months leading up to baby’s birth as stress free as possible! Use the code vip10 to get 10% OFF your order, here: https://bit.ly/2GOdWLN
- Daily Harvest: A super easy and nutritious way to get tasty and healthy meals all-day long! Get your choice of 3 FREE CUPS of frozen Smoothies, Overnight Oats, Chia Parfaits, Soups, Harvest Bowls, Sundaes and/or Lattes with the code healthyfitfabmoms at https://www.daily-harvest.com/
- Snuggle Me Organic: The best way to get some me-time – and some much needed rest – when you have a new baby. It’s the perfect “hug” when you just don’t seem to have enough hands.
- EBY: A new, empowering brand of seamless underwear, launched by Sofia Vergara that is comfortable, cute and “sexy enough for the Emmys”.
- Goodlight Natural Candles: Who doesn’t love a good candle?! But did you know that the majority of candles are made out of paraffin – an extremely toxic sludge that is derived from petroleum?! Yeah, it’s not something I want in my house either (especially when I’m pregnant and/or have kids around!) and is why I am thrilled to have found a natural and affordable alternative!
- Nikki’s Coconut Butter: From the creamy texture and tropical aroma, to the slightly sweet taste and rich finish, Coconut Butter is good on – and with – pretty much anything! Then try adding flavors that make it taste like Vanilla Cake Batter and Dark Chocolate Fudge, and who wouldn’t want to eat it straight out of the jar! Now thanks to Nikki’s Coconut Butter, I do!
And here is a list of several more Coupon Codes, just because I love you Momma’s and want to help save you all the time and money [and stress!] that I can J.
- LeTote: Want a way to stay fashionable and feel fresh without the commitment and big price tags? Then you’ve got to check out LeTote! They even have Maternity options! Receive a FREE TOTE filled with clothing and/or jewelry if you use the link: https://letote.com/freetote/JESSICA14038
- Sunbasket: Want to SAVE $40 off your first order of Sun Basket? Then simply click HERE! With 16 meals to choose from each week, all of which include Organic and Sustainable produce harvested at the peak of freshness, you are sure to find multiple meals that you and your family will love!?
- Tranquilo Mat: Looking for a way for both you and your newborn (or toddler for that matter!) to sleep better? Than check out this soothing, vibrating mat from Tranquilo Mat. Get $10 OFF your order with the code: http://tranquilomat.refr.cc/jessicaboscarini
- Hungryroot: Delicious plant-based meals, sides and desserts delivered straight to your door. Plus, everything can be completely customizable! Get $30 OFF your first order with the link: https://www.hungryroot.com/r/J01SX5
As always, I want to thank you for being part of our community! We love having you! And now, more than ever, I want to thank you all for being great Moms – because you really are a Super Hero in the eyes of those who matter most!
If you have friends and/or colleagues who you think would love the info as much as you do, please SHARE our Newsletter with them. LIKE us on Facebook and FOLLOW us on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to stay connected as well!
Have additional questions? Please feel free to CONTACT US today, or leave your comments below!