Are you willing to stay stylish and warm in winter? You can actually do that with good outfit ideas! Check out these winter outfit ideas below.
For people who live in a colder atmosphere or simply in the winter season, it is essential to keep yourself warm during these colder times. Mainly in winter, we tend to ditch our more fashionable outfits to protect ourselves from frostbite. Honestly, winter clothes sometimes get boring, and it is hard to be fashion-forward when you are fluffed up with sweaters.
Fortunately, there are ways to stay elegant even in the midst of -20 degree weather. Here are some tips and tricks on how you can stay warm as well as stylish in winter.
Layer Like an Expert
Dressing for winter to stay warm is all about layering. The layering of clothes allows us to play with a combination of patterns and textures while being stylish and functional enough to support ourselves on a winter day. The base layer of your outfit needs to be thin and fitted, so you can trap warm air closer to your body. These layers should generally be created from naturally breathable fiber like Merino Wool.
Next, cooler secondary layers like a silk shirt will also be thin and more fitted. Some t-shirts or camisoles have a long or short sleeve that can be easily worn underneath clothing. After that, you can add a third layer like a chunky sweater or coat, to finish the look. You can also wear trendy customized clothing like monogram jackets to stay warm and fashionable, too.
The key to layering is to get thinner clothes and offer the maximum need for warmth. You can wear scarves and various lengths of clothes to flatter your body shape.
Make Yourself Stylish
After these base layers, now is your time to use styling to make your outfit stand out. Here are some hacks you can remember to do in winter:
- Wear light and medium sweaters and shirts to make your body warmer.
- Tuck bulky sweaters into pants to create some shape.
- Get heftier belts to balance the volume of a bulky sweater. I will recommend wearing heftier belts as thin belts look odd when you pair them with chunky sweaters.
- Wearing over-the-knee boots with trousers and skirts to add a stylish texture.
- Combining clothing styles to make an interesting look, such as a bulky sweater with sleek tailored pants.
- Adding texture to clothes using leathers, patents, heavy knits, and faux fur.
Choose Cold Weather Comfortable Clothing
- Camisole: This clothing is very thin, although it will still keep your body warm. This is my go-to bottom layer.
- Long Sleeve Tee: This clothing can be a cotton long sleeve tee, a regular long sleeve, or a ¾ sleeve blouse.
- Heat-tech: This clothing is very soft, thin, smooth, stretchy, and never loses its shape. It clings to your body without causing any discomfort so that you can get an additional layer of warmth. Their sleeves are a little short compared to other long sweaters because the layers stay hidden under your shirt and sweater. You can get a scoop neckline to keep it hidden under open-neck tops.
- Cardigan, Sweater, or Fleece Zip Up: You can wear a fleece zip-up to show off your combination of layerings. You can also wear a cardigan and sweaters as they are very comfortable, extend your figure, and add an illusion of extra height.
- Coats and Jackets: You can find coats and jackets in different colors and sizes. Some people prefer long coats to match their looks, while others prefer short jackets to make themselves more fashionable. Wool or faux fur are great for giving extra warmth. Some coats or jackets are much thinner and not that bulky, but they can still give amazing warmth.
- Scarf: In colder countries, scarves are essential to wear as they help to trap in the warmth. There are also lots of stylish ways you can wear your scarves. It adds colors, patterns, and textures to bring elegant looks to your clothing.
- Gloves: Cold hands are uncomfortable and can make your whole body feel colder, which is why gloves are essential.
- Hats: Hats keep our heads warm. Some of the best options for hats are berets, felt hats, and knits.
- Tall Boots: These are perfect for covering your legs, and they can actually affect the overall look. A nice pair of boots can make your outfit more stylish in winter.
Add and Accessorize
Winter and summer accessories can be quite different. Here are some ways to accessorize cold weather outfits to remain stylish in cold weather.
- Avoid using dangly earrings to keep the earrings from sticking in bulky turtlenecks and scarves.
- Try to roll up those sleeves to show off your base layers.
- Avoid cuffing pants; instead, tuck your pants into boots to add a warm and polished look.
- Adding socks before wearing boots will not only give you extra warmth, but it can add a layer of style when worn in complementary colors or matching prints with your clothing.
- Wearing a blanket scarf, mitts, and a hat are additional ways to finish off your outfit. You can also wear a shawl over your coat if you are at home and still feeling cold.