FOR MOMS, MOMS-TO-BE & NEWBORNS+
People all around are becoming more and more aware of what types of products they are using for their daily skin care regime and how those products are affecting their health. Especially for pregnant women and for those that are nursing, we very quickly realize that everything we put in – and on – our bodies gets directly transferred to our baby. Plus, the fact that there are more and more chemicals that are being manufactured to make us look “younger, prettier and more vibrant” means that the chemical usage in our over-the-counter beauty supplies are at an all time high.
Fortunately there are companies like Organic Essence that have truly made it their mission to make clean and effective body care products that you will enjoy using. And while there are other companies who also claim to do the same, no other products “green” their packaging quite like Organic Essence does!
THE PRODUCT: Organic Essence was founded in 2006 after the USDA National Organic Program allowed non-food agriculturally derived products to certify to their existing organic food standard. Organic Essence was one of the first body care product companies to certify to this standard, and to this day is one of a small number to only produce certified organic products.
Not only that, but Organic Essence has taken this idea one step further by re-imagining their packaging into something that is genuinely sustainable, from concept to compost. In fact, their innovative paper eco-jar and eco-tube for organic creams and balms is even made with paper labels and adhesive (casein), all of which are plastic free, so that the entire packaging can be safely composted into your garden without having to peel off the labels.
With a large variety of products, including lip balms, deodorant, shea creams, butters, whips, and specialty creams, Organic Essence has a product that you skin is sure to love.
HEALTH-WISE: Organic certification matters because deceptive marketing has made ‘natural’ body care product claims largely meaningless. Organic Essence prides themselves on the notion that they do not use chemicals that raise health concerns because the safest amount of any synthetic chemical is zero. The fact that synthetic chemicals haven’t been around long enough for us to know what their health effects really are is a true concern. What we do know is that every year more and more synthetic chemicals that were once thought to be safe are now considered dangerous.
To become Certified USDA Organic, your product is not allowed to contain: GMOs, SLS, SLES, parabens, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances or trace toxins that potentially harm your health. Furthermore, Organic Essence limits their use of plastic containers because studies have found that many plastic containers release phthalates (known hormone disruptors) into the products and contaminate ground water and soil while decomposing. These phthalates can negate many of the positive benefits of the Organic product that you probably spent a good deal of money on in the first place, which is what truly makes Organic Essence stand apart as a brand and company!
Simply stated, here are the 5 reasons Organic Essence believes in both Organic Body Care and Sustainable Packaging:
5 Reasons Organic Essence Believes in Organic Body Care:
- Avoid dangerous synthetic preservatives that can harm your health
- Avoid undisclosed chemical fragrances with unknown chemical interactions
- Avoid detergents (SLS, SLES, etc.) that can enter and carry other chemicals into the blood stream
- Avoid GMOs with unknown health and potentially grave environmental consequences
- Support organic farmers and healthy, sustainable agriculture
5 Reasons Organic Essence Believes in Sustainable Packaging:
- Avoid potential product contamination from plastic chemicals leaching into products
- Despite the plastics’ identification number within the triangle found on most plastic containers, most plastics are not recyclable due to contamination and separation issues
- Once plastic is in the landfill, plastic chemicals leach out into ground water for tens of thousands of years
- Plastic packages clog the environment, harming animals. Once broken down into sand particle size, they will continue to poison the environment
- Authentic sustainable packaging such as paper is part of the life cycle and thereby is infinitely renewable
And here is a quick run-down of each of Organic Essences’ product categories:
- Lip Balms: Organic Essence Lip Balms are jam-packed with USDA Certified Organic ingredients for moisturizing to the max. They are loaded with nutrient rich shea butter and emollient giving cocoa butter to maintain soft and supple lips. Plus, there is 40% more product per eco tube, compared to your typical lip-balm brand.
- Deodorant: Organic Essence Organic Confidence™ Relentless All-Day Deodorant is specially formulated to fight odor-causing bacteria while conditioning and soothing underarm skin. The baking soda also neutralizes odor-causing bacteria and provides long-lasting, Relentless All-Day Protection.
- Organic Shea Cream: Organic Essence Shea Cream is a highly concentrated organic hand and body cream developed to maximize moisture by increasing circulation, and moisturizing and repairing damaged, dry skin. The active plant based ingredients nourish, soothe and hydrate for an all over wellness balance.
- Organic Shea Butter & Whipped Shea Butters: The traditional use of the butter is to minimize the appearance of fine lines, scars and stretch marks, and to ease a variety of skin irritations. Shea butter melts on contact and is readily absorbed into the skin, without leaving a greasy residue. It can be applied directly on your lips, dry patches or as an all over body care treatment.
- Specialty Butters: These are delicately whipped shea butters combined with synergistically beneficial botanicals and hydrating oils for superior skin care. 1) Shea Essential® Vital Facial Support: it’s loaded with an abundance of organic, active plant oils and shea butter which provides deep hydration to boost radiance and elasticity, as well as to hydrate, treat, fortify and protect in one easy step. 2) Whipped Foot Butter Peppermint: loaded with organic shea butter to condition and moisturize, plus beneficial peppermint oil to energize and revitalize your feet.
- Pure Shea: Available in a smaller, handy size for purse and travel for moisturizing on-the-go.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Like many of you, I try to use as many organic products as I can and for those which aren’t, at least try to make sure they are free of any “known” carcinogens, as well as other phthalates, synthetic fragrances, colors, and parabens. However, I will admit that the packaging of these products isn’t something that I normally pay a lot of attention to. I’ve just figured that if the product is organic or free from chemicals and toxins, that this is “good enough”.
Well frankly, it isn’t. The more I’ve educated myself the more I’ve come to realize that there are many, many harmful toxins in the packaging itself, all of which gets leached into our pricey, organic and “better for you” products.
This is why I have come to like the products from Organic Essence so much. Not only are they made of high quality, organic ingredients, and are extremely effective for their claimed use, they are also packaged in such a way that is not only safe for you, but for the environment as well. And while they may be a bit pricier than your typical over-the-counter product, I find that they really are reasonable – especially when it comes to the health of you and your family!
Try any or all of Organic Essence’s products today and see for yourself how great Organic and eco-packaged body care can be!
To learn more about Organic Essence and to try them for yourself, please visit their website.
And remember, Contact Healthy.Fit.Fab…Moms today to learn more about helping you and your family live a healthy, fit, and fabulous life!