Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Yield: 6-8 servings
I have always been obsessed with Crisps, and this one is no exception! However, it’s lighted up a bit and pumped with some additional protein and fiber – although you would never guess! Great for breakfast, dessert, or any meal or snack in between, one bite will bring you pure bliss, and constantly having you wishing for more!
Apple Pear Filling:
- 3 Bosc Pears, peeled and diced
- 4 Pink Lady Apples, peeled and diced (although any apple will do)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg (or Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 3 TB. Maple Syrup (or Raw Honey, if not vegan)
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 TB. of lemon juice
- 1-2 TB. Acacia Fiber (for added fiber; optional. I use NowFoods)
- 1 cup Regular Oats
- 1/3 cup Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar (or you can use 1/3 cup Laird’s Superfood Creamer; this makes such a tasty addition)
- 2 TB. Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (it works best if melted first)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Fill a large bowl with the Diced Pears, Diced Apples, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Syrup, Salt, and Lemon Juice. Gently toss to coat all the fruit with the spices.
- Pour fruit mixture into a 13×9″ baking dish or 11″ skillet.
- In a medium bowl, add your Oats, Protein Powder, Coconut Sugar, Cinnamon, and Sea Salt.
- Using your hands or a pastry blender, combine the Coconut Oil into the dry ingredients until everything is combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle Crisp topping on top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until top is browned and apple mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- (Optional: top with Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream or a Coconut Whip).
- In my opinion, this dish tastes just as good cold, so refrigerate your leftovers and pull out of the fridge when ready to indulge!
- If you want your Crisp to cook faster, divide it between two smaller baking dishes, and reduce the time to 25-30 minutes.
- If you prefer a topping that is not as brown, put tinfoil over the Crisp the last 5-10 minutes of baking.