Per usual, I had way too many ripe bananas on-hand, but wanted to do something a bit more festive than my usual Banana Bread. So, step in this: it’s a mix between Gingerbread and Banana Bread and tastes like the best of both worlds – in one! Trust me when I say, you’ll be craving this recipe all year long!
Oh, and for those who think that Molasses is just another sweetener, it most definitely is not! In fact, did you know Blackstrap Molasses has the following benefits:
1. Prevents Cancer
2. Fight with Free Radicals
3. Promotes Bone Health
4. Protects the Heart
5. Boosts Energy
6. Prevents Iron Deficiency
7. Provides Selenium
8. Smoothens Digestion Process
9. Helps in Weight Loss
10. Leads to Skin Glow
(Read more about the benefits, HERE).
But let’s get to the recipe! With a great cake-like texture and the perfect Gingerbread taste, this definitely sparks memories of growing up, and is sure to be a part of Christmas celebrations well into the future too!
Total Time: 45m
Yield: 10-12 slices
- 1 ¾ cups mashed Banana (I used 3 medium ones)
- 1 ½ tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Molasses – blackstrap or regular
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- ¼ cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 ½ TB Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground Ginger
- ½ tsp ground Cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground Nutmeg
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ cup Raisins or Crushed Walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan very well, going up the sides. (Or line the pan with parchment.)
- Whisk the first 8 ingredients (Banana through the Vinegar) together in a bowl, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir remaining ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour wet over dry, stir just until evenly mixed, and smooth into the loaf pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes – and turn off the heat.
- Let sit in the closed oven for 10 additional minutes (try not to open it, even to peek)!
- Remove and let cool completely before going around the sides with a knife and inverting onto a plate or cutting from the pan.
- Eat and enjoy
Store leftover slices in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to a month.