Thick, soft, and full of fresh carrots and apples, these Paleo Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies are a healthy make-ahead breakfast, snack, or even late-night treat! Made with whole grains and refined sugar-free, they last weeks in the fridge, and also keep well in the freezer too, so you can have an easy treat whenever hunger strikes!
Check out my IG page, for more about these cookies, or scroll down for the recipe and fall in love with them yourself!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 18 large cookies
- 2 1/4 cups Old-fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Honey or Pure Maple Syrup (can increase this to 1/3 cup if you prefer an even sweeter cookie)
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted (4 TB.)
- 1 cup Carrots, grated (2 medium carrots)**
- 1 cup finely chopped or grated Apple (1 medium), no need to peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together Oats, Almond Flour, Flaxseed, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Baking Soda, and Salt.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together Applesauce, Honey (or Maple Syrup), Eggs, and Vanilla. Mix in the melted Coconut Oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the grated Carrot and Apple.
- Use a large scoop or measuring cup to drop 1/4-cup portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Use your fingers to gently shape the cookies and flatten slightly, as they won’t flatten on their own during baking.
- Bake around 15 minutes, until set and lightly golden. These are definitely best on the slightly underbaked side, in my opinion. (If baking more than one pan at a time, be sure to rotate the pans halfway through the baking time.)
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
*I used my food processor to make grating the carrots and apple super easy. A box grater works as well.
Leave a Reply