I’m a big believer in cake for breakfast. Cake is one of those nostalgic foods that can instantly make us happy and there’s no better way than to start the day off with a smile on your face!
With that said, there’s also nothing worse than starting the day off with something super heavy and sugar-laden, causing us to crash just as quickly as we rose! And with that, this Blueberry Breakfast Cake was born!
Bursting with Blueberries, and made without gluten, dairy, or added sugars, you’d never guess that this moist and delicious piece of heaven is actually good for you! So shhhh, don’t tell!
Prep: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Healthy Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Xylitol (I love @nowfoodsofficial )
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 1 – 5.3oz container Lavva Blueberry Yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- ¼ cup Almond Milk (if batter is too thick)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Blueberries
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup Xylitol
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
For the drizzle: (optional)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Erythritol (also @nowfoodsoffical )
- 2 TB. Almond Milk (start with 1 TB and go up from there until you get to drizzling consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray or grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Almond and Coconut Flours, Xylitol, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the Eggs.
- Next, add the Yogurt, Coconut Oil, Vanilla, and Lemon Juice into the Eggs, and gently mix until combined.
- Fold the Egg mixture into the Flour mixture, just until the dry ingredients are moistened. If you need to add additional Milk here, please do. This will make for a moister cake.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the batter into your greased baking pan.
- For the topping: stir together the Xylitol, Almond Flour, Oats, Cinnamon, and Coconut Oil. You want it to be a crumbly consistency. Feel free to add more Coconut Oil, if needed.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the drizzle: combine the Powdered Erythritol and Almond Milk. If too thick, slowly add a few more drops of Milk at a time until it reaches drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over the top of the cake and allow it to sit until sugar solidifies.
- Eat and enjoy!