Working in the tourism industry might be an interesting and creative occupation that could also help you enrich your cultural knowledge and background, although it is also high-demanding and quite stressful, especially during the high-season periods of each country.
What you can do in order to facilitate the life of your employers and probably achieve better results, as they will be able to focus on different aspects of clients’ needs and requirements and build a stronger relationship with them, is to collaborate with a b2b tour operator.
As understanding that you may not be familiar with the term yet, you will find below placed & answered some of the most important and frequently asked questions, regarding this role.
What is a B2B tour operator?
To start with, B2B is the abbreviation used for Business-to-Business sales, which means that a company sells services to other companies. Therefore, the role of B2B tour operator in our case, refers to companies active in the travel industry, that make the negotiations and deals with suppliers, organize the itineraries and handle in general any form of logistics, addressed for their clients, that are also businesses in the industry field.
- Which services exactly can a B2B tour operator offer?
- Exclusive tour packages : Tailor-made packages including itineraries, accommodation, activities
- Suppliers’ Contracts: Any third party deals with service providers, such as shipping/airline companies, hotels, professional local tour guides.
- Marketing Support: Creating something that your client-business will later on have difficulty in handling and selling, isn’t sought out. Therefore, it’s possible providing them support in promoting the tour packages and hand them with promotion content and material.
- Is it beneficial to work with a B2B tour operator? Why?
Yes, such a collaboration comes with several advantages. More specifically:
- Insights and Guidance: As professionals with in depth-knowledge, they are able to give valuable information regarded to destinations, suppliers, and travel trends.
- Efficiency: Their established relationships with the third-party services makes it possible for them to achiever better deals, that favour you financially, while on the other hand you save the time required to make such researches, resulting in being able to focus on sales.
- Tracking the process: You gain continuous support throughout the overall process, reassuring a smoother relationship with your own clients.
- Which B2B tour operator should I trust?
Despite the fact that choosing the business you will develop a long-lasting a trustworthy collaboration with, is subjective, there are definitely some factors that highly affect this decision. When choosing your partner, don’t overlook the following:
- Experience in the industry and feedback from other companies
- Variety in travel destinations
- Range in the provided services
- Flexibility in changes and customization