Is your significant other, family member, or close friend giving birth soon? Are you looking to honor her with a push present? Giving a push present is a beautiful way to show your appreciation for the new mother in your life. To help you choose the perfect push present, here are some great options!
What is a Push Present?
A push present is a gift traditionally given by the new mother’s significant other, although a close friend or family member can do the same. Although, Push present jewelry is common, there are plenty of other options, too! The term “push present” refers to the act of giving birth. Push presents have been around for a long time, but lately, they’ve been rising in popularity.
The gift is meant to celebrate the mother’s part in the birth of the child. All too often, people shower the new baby with gifts – but a tired new mom will appreciate something for herself, too! Make her feel special with a gift that she can treasure for years to come.
1) Give the Gift of Jewelry
Push present pieces of jewelry are a great option for a gift. Since push presents are meant to honor and celebrate the mother, picking out personalized, handpicked jewelry is a great way to memorialize the experience. Many different jewelry options are meaningful, including:
- A push present necklace: Necklaces are a great choice because of the variety. If you’re looking to stay on the less expensive side of the push present spectrum, a letter necklace is a great option. Letter necklaces generally include the initial of the child that is born and is a simple yet beautiful gift, perfect for layering or everyday wear!
- A personalized ring: While any ring would be a great choice for a push present, as almost any mother will love jewelry, purchasing a ring that has been handpicked to represent the mother somehow is perfect. Choosing her birthstone, the child’s birthstone, or both, is a great way to symbolize the importance of both individuals. A ring engraved with the baby’s birthdate is also a beautiful choice to memorialize the important day.
- A bracelet: Bracelets, like necklaces, are a great choice because of the variety of available designs. Some push-present options may include letter bracelets that celebrate her motherhood, birth flower designs, and birthstones. You can also get a bracelet engraved with a special message.
2) Heartbeat Artwork
Moms (and family members!) place a lot of sentimental value on a baby’s heartbeat. Being able to hear a baby’s heartbeat before he or she is born is so special! An amazing way to capture that moment forever is to have the tracing of the in-utero baby’s heartbeat captured and made into artwork. There are multiple ways to turn the heartbeat into artwork, including jewelry, paintings, and even glasswork. This gift is sure to make any new mom’s day!
3) Comfort Items
Mothers go through a lot before, during, and after labor. An excellent idea for a push present is any gift that will provide comfort and relaxation to the new mother. Some excellent options include:
- Pajamas: Pajamas of any kind, but especially soft, loose-fitting sleep sets, are great to give new moms something to relax in while they’re recovering from their hard work.
- Soft pillow: A soft, relaxing pillow is another great option. Sleep will most likely be hard to come by, so the hours that the mother in your life can catch should be fulfilling and comfortable. Buying a new, luxurious pillow or even a nice silk pillowcase is a great push-present choice.
- Massager: There are few better ways to show a new mom how much you care for her other than an at-home massager. Massages are a great way to not only spend quality time with her but also provide comfort and relief. Body massagers such as heated chair massagers or even automated foot massagers are other great options to provide relief and comfort.
Celebrate Your Favorite New Mom with a Push Present!
Push presents are a beautiful way to memorialize the experience of giving birth and bringing a new person into this world. Find the perfect push present to honor your partner’s, friend’s, or family member’s pregnancy journey. It will make her feel special, beautiful, and loved!