We live in an age where a lot of emphasis is being placed on mental transformation. People have come to realize that the success of their quest for a better life is highly dependent on the quality of their thoughts and mindsets. Hence so many activities are being done by many individuals to develop their mental capacity and thinking faculties.
However, the craze for mental transformation, as important as it is, can be dangerous if balance is not applied. What is this balance? Balance is remembering that it is not only your mind you should develop, you need to develop your body too. Developing and taking care of your body is equally as important as doing the same to your mind or any other area of your life.
This is because the basis on which you can build any area of your life is the health and wellbeing of your body. If your body isn’t healthy or thriving then all the other areas of your life (your academics, business, relationships, finances) will also begin to fall apart. Without your physical wellbeing, there would be no energy or even opportunity to chase or do anything else. Therefore,it is of utmost importance for you to take proper care of your body.
One of the best ways to ensure the health and wellbeing of your body is through physical exercise. Physical exercise refers to the bodily activities that utilize the various parts of the body and sometimes the entire body). The goal of these exercises is to improve the body in terms of appearance and function, according to various parameters. There are various types of exercises (such as running, jogging, swimming, stretching, and the like) but in this article, we are going to focus on weight training.
What is Weight Training?
Weight training is a form of highly intensive physical exercise which involves lifting weighty materials routinely. It is known as a strength and endurance exercise and it is usually done in a gym. There are several reasons why weight training is important to the development of the body. Some of them include:
- Building up muscles: Arguably more than any other form of exercise, weight training helps to build your muscles. This is because lifting weights requires the engagement of muscles. The more the muscles are engaged, the bigger and stronger they get.
- Burning up fat: Weight lifting burns a lot of fat. This is due to the fact that as the weight continues to be lifted and the body continues to exert itself, it automatically causes fat to burn out, thereby reducing the fat content in the body.
- Building up strength and stamina: When an individual continues to lift more weight, it causes the body to become stronger and have more stamina. This can clearly be seen when it is observed that after some time, the individual can lift up more weight easier and handle the exercise for longer.
Addons are weighted instruments that aid the individual in weight training exercises. The professionals behind kensuifitness.com/kensui-ez-vest point out that add-ons vary widely and come in various shapes and sizes, as well as various modes of operations. However, they all work together to make the weight training exercises simpler and more effective. Some of these addons include:
- Hydroplates: Hydroplates are weightlifting addons used in weight training. They come in the shape of plates and they can be filled with water to increase the weight, hence their name. They are very portable and can be fitted into barbells. They weigh 0.8 lbs when empty and 35 lbs when filled. The weight can be adjusted via the water level, making it really handy.
- Hand Grips: Rotatable hand grips are a popular type of add-on. The handles are made of birchwood and the straps are made of nylon and are of adjustable length from zero to fifteen inches. They fit on barbells and machines. They are a highly favored add-on due to their flexibility and ease of use. They are very light and portable and they also help in reducing incidences of joint pains and injury.
- Weight Vest: Weight vests as the name implies, are vests that have varying amounts of weights in them. They are a very vital add-on for those working on their endurance level and are useful in weighted runs, push-ups, planks, and many more.
- Gymnastic Ring: Gymnastic rings are just like hand grips, only that they come in the shape of a ring. Like hand grips, their ring handles are made of wood and they have nylon straps of adjustable length. They are very flexible and quite easy to use.
Weight training can seem really scary and/or intimidating when first observed. But the truth is its benefits are so vast and handy, and once you learn how to do the moves properly, it’s actually fairly easy and can be really fun, too. If you begin to make an effort to work out, particularly with the aid of these add-ons, you can reap amazing benefits.