CBD and THC are two of the most popular plants used in cannabis products. Both have been legalized for medicinal and recreational use in many countries worldwide. Still, with the influx of new products entering the market, there has been a lot of confusion. Most people are not adequately aware of precisely what these CBD+THC oils do or how to spot a good one.
This blog post has answered all these questions.
Cannabis oil is a type of cannabis extract used in medical marijuana to treat various ailments. There are many different CBD oils and THC oils listed on the internet. Even though the two substances have other effects on the mind, they are often combined to achieve the desired result. These two oils have become increasingly popular. Combined with THC oil, these two oils are helpful for medical purposes. There are multiple benefits of using these CBD oil and THC oil, but some risks are often unknown.
This article explores how CBD + THC oil differs from each other, how to choose between these two products and their potential side effects.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is a cannabinoid derivative extracted from the hemp plant, but unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive component in marijuana, CBD does not cause a high.
Hemp gets used in making cannabidiol oil (CBD Oil) extracted from industrial hemp plants. This oil is then extracted and sold as a dietary supplement or ingested as food. It’s an all-natural oil that you can use for medicinal purposes.
This oil is used in many different forms to treat and prevent cancer, improve sleep, reduce anxiety and decrease pain. It is naturally available in the body and is present in hemp plants grown worldwide.
You can use it as an edible solution applied topically to cure various ailments like pain. In contrast, you can use hemp oil can as a topical ointment that helps heal chronic skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema.
What is THC Oil?
THC oil is a liquid form of THC, the psychoactive component of marijuana. Although it’s possible to obtain oil by smoking dried cannabis or extracting hash oil from plant matter, isolating the THC component of marijuana is much more complex and expensive than getting it the natural way.
People prepare a product by extracting the oils from the cannabis plant. It is a THC-rich, high-grade oil sold as medicine in several countries where marijuana products are legal.
The process used to make THC oil is tedious and time-consuming, but it produces a consistent product with slight variation in strength. Once you have your oils made, you can either eat them or vaporize them.
It is one of the main active ingredients in cannabis and has had recreational and medicinal purposes for thousands of years. You can use it to treat various medical conditions, including pain, nausea, nerves, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, cancer, insomnia, and anxiety.
The main medical benefits of CBD oil are its ability to relieve pain (due to a compound called Cannabidiol), control seizures, reduce anxiety and promote relaxation.
- Improves Sleep Quality: Anecdotal evidence suggests that CBD oil can help with anxiety and insomnia, typical cancer treatment side effects.
- Reduces Inflammation: The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil may also help reduce pain and swelling in cancer patients and those undergoing chemotherapy.
- Reduces Pain: CBD oil has helped reduce the chronic pains associated with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis symptoms caused by postural changes related to cancer treatment or injuries.
- Anxiety & Depression: CBD oil is an excellent natural alternative to traditional forms of therapy. It acts like antidepressants, reducing serotonin levels, which drives many types of mental illness. Studies have proven that it has a powerful effect on those who suffer from anxiety and depression.
THC is the most psychoactive cannabis compound used in all sorts of products. Here are some of its medical benefits:
- Analgesia: People suffering from chronic skin diseases can take advantage of the analgesic effects of THC to relieve their pain after undergoing laser treatment or surgery.
- Neuroprotective Properties: Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) help to protect neurons from damage in animal studies. These neuroprotective properties may explain why conditions such as Parkinson’s disease are associated with elevated levels of THC in the bloodstream after a stroke or similar insult.
- Relieves Nausea: THC effectively treats nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy in cancer patients, according to a review published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Marijuana may also help ease some side effects of radiotherapy, such as mouth sores and constipation, by acting as an antiemetic (anti-nausea drug).
The side effects of this CBD oil are usually temporary, short-lived, and minor. Let’s check out what those are:
- Loss of brain function is associated with lesions in the hippocampus, temporal lobe, and other areas of the brain that are crucial for forming new long-term memories.
- The side effects of CBD oil are incredibly minimal, but a few side effects can occur. If a person does not know if the CBD oil is beneficial or not, it should be thoroughly researched and considered for use.
- Individuals can experience elevated food and beverage cravings, which could be problematic if not kept under control. A soda habit is easy to fall into, while chips are highly addictive!
The side effects of THC oil are very benign. So, if a person consumes a large quantity of THC oil, they may experience the following effects:
- If you get exposed to the oil without knowing it, it can make you paranoid and feel anxious.
- It can cause psychosis (a mental illness that cannot distinguish between real life and an imaginary world).
- The effect of THC oil is that it can be used as a sleep aid and have some health benefits, but too much use can damage your liver and kidneys.
The CBD oil comes from marijuana, and THC and other cannabinoids have a lot of health benefits. It helps pain relief, reduces nausea and vomiting, and improves certain types. These oils are becoming increasingly popular as cannabis and marijuana use has become more mainstream.
The good news is that CBD and THC oils are becoming more and more popular. The bad news is the lack of regulation on these products, making it hard to know what you get when you buy them. To avoid scams, read reviews online before purchasing.
However, if you want to consume these substances, it is best to start with a small dose in an oil vaporizer pen or ingest them under the supervision of a healthcare professional.