April 20th Newsletter – 2018
If you missed my first Newsletter this April then you may not realize that this is the 48th Anniversary of Earth Month®. And that means that this Sunday, April 22nd, is Earth Day. The theme: plastic pollution. More specifically, how to end it. Do you realize how many plastic bags, wrappers and bottles that are just lying around these days??
And while I’m not going to sit here and make a big ‘ol speech about how important it is to take care of our environment – especially for future generations – I do want to help remind you that every decision we make has a consequence, whether it be good or bad, and that those things that may seem harmless now, can add up to something monumental in the future!
To me, Earth Month – and Day for that matter – is a yearly reminder that taking care of our bodies – and our planet – comes from the little decisions we make every day. Of course I care about the environment, but my true passion is helping other people take care of their “internal environments”, as well. If you think about it though, when you make healthier decisions in your own life, these will undoubtedly affect the greater ecosystem around you – so it’s really a win-win.
For instance: by drinking more water, as opposed to sodas, juice, etc. (which obviously aren’t healthy) you will be saving a huge amount of plastic bottles and containers every year (as long as you aren’t drinking out of plastic water bottles)! Or by eating more plant-based meals and snacks, you will not only be doing something good for your health, you will be saving on all of the “waste” that is put into raising up an animal for slaughter.
For example, did you know that a typical-sized cow eats an average of 27 pounds of grain per day?! That’s almost 10,000lbs per year! Now think about all the time, energy, water, etc. that would be saved if that land, or a similar grain or vegetable, was instead used to make plant-based products. That would feed a lot of people!
Now I’m not saying you have to go completely plant-based, or that having a bottled drink every now and again is going to be the end of the world. My purpose here is just to help you think about the little things in life that you could do – for both you and your families – that will not only make an impact on your own health, but on the greater environment as a whole.
This is why I’m so passionate about what I do – sharing info, reviews and tips with all of you to help make you and yours as healthy and happy as possible – from the inside, out!
So with that all said, this past week I put a special focus on products that are good for you – and consequently good for the environment as well. They are as follows:
- Betsy’s Bar None: allergy-free bars that are Vegan, Paleo and oh-so-tasty
- Lunderg Family Farms: NEW Organic Baked Grain Bites that come in 5 fun and tasty flavors
- Petit Bamboo: a line of newborn and toddler clothing that is made sustainably out of bamboo, and is seriously some of the softest and most luxurious feeling clothing I’ve seen!
- Xlear: Xylitol-based Nasal Sprays and Cough Drops – to help you breathe easier, the natural way
Now go out and enjoy the rest of Earth Month and take an extra moment to enjoy the cool spring air (now that you can finally breathe better, thanks to Xlear J), the beautiful flowers that have bloomed, and then those products that are simultaneously good for you and the environment, as well! (Oh, and just because I love to save money and help others do the same, I’m including a whole list of my Spring Coupon Codes below – so enjoy! J )
As always, I want to thank you for being part of our community! We love having you! And if you have friends and/or colleagues who you think would love the info as much as you do, please SHARE our Newsletter with them. LIKE us on Facebook and FOLLOW us on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to stay connected as well!
Have additional questions? Please feel free to CONTACT US today, or leave your comments below!
- Daily Harvest: A super easy and nutritious way to get tasty and healthy meals all day long! Get your choice of 3 FREE CUPS of frozen Smoothies, Overnight Oats, Chia Parfaits, Soups, Harvest Bowls, Sundaes and/or Lattes with the code healthyfitfabmoms.
- HNINA Gourmet: Chocolate and Sprouted Nut Truffles that are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G., and surprisingly good for you! Get 10% OFF your entire order, everytime with the code: healthyfitfabmoms10
- LeTote: Want a way to stay fashionable and feel fresh without the commitment and big price tags? Then you’ve got to check out LeTote! They even have Maternity options! Receive a FREE TOTE filled with clothing and/or jewelry if you use the link: https://letote.com/freetote/JESSICA14038
- Tranquilo Mat: Looking for a way for both you and your newborn (or toddler for that matter!) to sleep better? Than check out this soothing, vibrating mat from Tranquilo Mat. Get $10 OFF your order with this link: http://tranquilomat.refr.cc/jessicaboscarini
- Hungryroot: Delicious plant-based meals, sides and desserts delivered straight to your door. Plus, everything can be completely customizable! Get $30 OFF your first order with the link: https://www.hungryroot.com/r/J01SX5
More About Earth Month:
Designated as a month to help increase environmental protection, people all around the globe from all ages and backgrounds seem to agree: “with all the advancements over the years many are still living in the dark as to our total environment; lacking simple awareness of issues and a direction to take. This is in part due to the increase in population density, industrialization, climate change, and apathy.” – Earth-Month.org
More About Earth Day:
“Earth Day 2018 is dedicated to providing the information and inspiration needed to fundamentally change human attitude and behavior about plastics. Plastic pollution is poisoning our oceans and land, injuring marine life, and affecting our health! Help End Plastic Pollution by finding out how many plastic items you consume every year and make a PLEDGE to reduce the amount.” – EarthDay.org