For MOMS & MOMS-TO-BE and BABIES 6 MONTHS+
It’s amazing how popular coconut, and coconut-inspired, products have become over the past several years. With coconut water and coconut oil being at the forefront of these, coconut sugar has also started to gain a cult following, now replacing table sugar in many published recipes. Coconut syrup and coconut “spread” are two other up-and-coming commodities that are amazingly delicious!
However, not all coconut products can be considered equals, with many of them coming from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), from concentrate, or from companies who don’t take pride in the foods they create – and therefore add a whole bunch of fillers, preservatives, etc. to extend the life of their products while sacrificing the taste and/or nutritional value.
Fortunately, Munkijo Organics has done the “coconut thing” right and created a whole line of coconut-based products that are truly a step above the others.
THE PRODUCT: Munkijo Organics is a line of coconut-based products, including: Coconut Water, Coconut Oil, Coconut Sugar, Coconut Syrup, and Coconut Spread. All made with completely Organic, non-GMO ingredients, Munkijo’s foods are also gluten-free, and free of fillers, preservatives, artificial colors, sugars, or any other fake or “unhealthy” ingredients.
Munkijo has made it their goal to stand apart by showing the importance of a quality product, and the hands that make it. Priding themselves as being a “Heritage” brand, the inspiration for Munkijo Organics originates back to the founders’ childhood coconut plantation roots, with the name stemming from watching expert coconut tree climbers (whom they called “Mr. Joe”) reach for coconuts with the skill of a monkey.
At Munkijo, it is their desire to carry on the legacy of their ancestors and provide a livelihood to these very types of farmers, as well as continuing to foster the education and literacy among their children. Quality is also of utmost importance at Munkijo, and they strive to satisfy customers with the same incredible products they had as children, all while keeping their loving heritage alive.
NUTRITION-WISE: It is nothing new that coconuts are a “superfood”. From the coconut’s flesh and the water inside, to the sap that is in the coconut tree, each product has its own unique qualities that truly make it stand out. Plus, Munkijo only uses the best organic coconuts they can find to source all of their products, ensuring that you are getting the most nutritious foods that are available. Moreover, Munkijo does not add anything artificial to their line, including: preservatives, colors, flavors, GMOs, etc.
The benefits of Munkijo products include:
- MUNKIJO 100% Organic Coconut Water is sourced from the world’s largest exporter of coconuts, the Philippines. Coconuts are indigenous to the Philippines, so it is not surprising that their coconut water is naturally refreshing, nutritious and super-hydrating. Naturally gluten-free, non-GMO, rich in electrolytes and potassium, coconut water also has less sugar than most sports drinks. Munkijo 100% Organic Coconut Water has no added sugar, no preservatives, and is never from concentrate.
- MUNKIJO Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed (the way it was done for generations), has inherent antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, is cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and is non-GMO. It is also rich in lauric acid, and contains medium-chain fatty acids (which channel the fat straight to the liver, boosting metabolism).
- MUNKIJO Organic Coconut Sugar is rich in vitamins and minerals, and because of its low glycemic index (a measure of the rate at which an ingested food causes the level of glucose in the blood to rise), is a perfect alternative to refined sugars and artificial sweeteners. It is made from the sap of organically grown coconut trees.
- MUNKIJO Organic Coconut Syrup is a natural, healthier alternative to heavily processed syrups that are made from refined sugars and artificial sweeteners. Made from the sap of organic coconut tree blossoms, Munkijo’s Syrup does not contain any additives, preservatives, artificial colors, other added sugars or high-fructose corn syrup, and is gluten-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low glycemic.
- MUNKIJO Organic Coconut Spread is absolutely delicious and unlike anything you’ve probably ever tasted. Carefully crafted from pure, organic ingredients, it’s sweet, decadent, and will have you coming back by the spoonful! Like all of Munkijo coconut products, it is all-natural, vegan, peanut-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and does not contain any preservatives, artificial flavors or artificial colors.
*Coconut oil is literally the first “fat” that I introduced to my son once he started eating solids. Spread on top of sweet potatoes, or used to sauté his vegetables, he loved the taste, and I loved the nutritional benefits. In fact, those days that he wasn’t eating as much solids as I would like, I would give him some by the spoonful! For this reason, I say that Munkijo Organics are good for babies 6+ months.
There other products are all great too, although they are sweeter, and contain more sugar, than I personally would give to my infant/toddler. However, I will add some Coconut Water to his smoothies on occasion.
When it comes to the coconut sugar, syrup and spread, I would suggest waiting on feeding these to my young children, mainly due to the “sweet” factor. As mentioned before, I try to limit my son’s intake of sugar as much as possible, although a little sweet here or there, especially in the form low-glycemic coconut-based products, is by no means going to do him any harm.☺
WHERE TO BUY: Munkijo Organics are available on Amazon.com, or to find the Retail Store nearest you, please contact Munkijo Organics directly.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Although I haven’t always loved coconuts (there were a couple years when I was a teenager that I was “afraid” of their fat content), I now consider them one of my all time favorite foods. From coconut oil, which I use every day, to coconut water, milk, and flakes, this is not only one of the most versatile foods, it is one of the healthiest.
However, not all coconut products are created equal. Fortunately, there are companies like Munkijo Organics who takes great pride in the quality, taste, and nutritional content of all of their coconut-based products.
Having tasted dozens of different “coconut” brands and products, I can genuinely say that Munkijo makes some of the very best! From the cool, refreshing taste of their [never from concentrate] coconut water, to their delicately “light” coconut oil and rich, but yet “airy” coconut sugar, Munkino is truly a step above. Plus, they make two products that are new to the market, and few other companies have yet to attempt – Coconut Syrup and Coconut Spread. And both are fantastic!
If you are looking for a low-glycemic alternative to maple syrup, or just a tastier (and/or healthier) version of corn-syrup infused sauces, then you’ve got to try their Coconut Syrup! …and then there’s their Coconut Spread. Wonderful on toast, bagels, pancakes, ice cream, pastries and desserts, Munkijo’s Coconut Spread can be used as a topping, frosting, glaze, or even with a spoon straight from the jar! But let me warn you, once you do, you will be addicted!
Try any or all of Munkijo Organics today and see for yourself how deliciously addicting these coconut-inspired products can be!
To learn more about Munkijo Organics, please visit their website and check them out on Facebook.
And remember, Contact Healthy.Fit.Fab…Moms today to create a personalized plan so you and your family can live a healthy, fit, and fabulous life!
In : Food Reviews
Tags: coconut organic non-gmo gluten-free low glycemic organic coconut water organic coconut oil coconut syrup organic coconut sugar first food babies first food fat for babies