Bakery on Main Review: Unique Granola, Oats, Bunches of Crunches and Nut Crunch Snacks that are Gluten-free and Delicious
Sweet, salty, crunchy and yet still good for you? Bunches of Crunches and Nut Crunch Snacks are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!! And the Oats and Granolas are pretty tasty too…
Keep reading to find out more!
It all started in the small bakery of a natural foods market on Main Street in Glastonbury, Connecticut. Customers with Celiac Disease would visit the bakery and tell Michael (the eventual Founder of Bakery on Main) about the lack of good tasting gluten free options available to them. Upon learning this, Michael believed that nobody should have to suffer due to any kind of food allergy or dietary need, and went on a mission to create delicious and “fearlessly unique” gluten free products that were good for you and great tasting.
“AUDACIOUSLY PREMIUM ingredients, BAKESHOP DELICIOUS recipes, and HAPPY customers” were the inspiration from the beginning— and are still the cornerstones of Bakery On Main today. They are a “fiercely ethical” company that believes in integrity and feels that happy and healthy should be harmonious, and strive for that in everything they do. Baking all of their foods in a dedicated gluten free facility, all of the ingredients used are natural, NON-GMO Project Verified and are also dairy and casein free.
- Bunches of Crunches: A fearlessly unique Chocolate Superfood “GRAIN-ola”, these scrumptious clusters of crunchy goodness are loaded with superfoods such as Chia seeds and Cacao, and then complimented by ancient grains such as Amaranth and Millet. Packing 10g of whole grains per serving, they are a great anytime of day snack.
- Granola: Using gently toasted corn flakes and rice crisps with sesame, sunflower, and flax seeds, these golden clusters of crunchy goodness are also made with unrefined sugar and Non-GMO Project Verified expeller-pressed canola oil.
- Happy Oats: Using 3rd party Certified Gluten Free oats, each 24oz bag offers the oats you love in a convenient, resealable bag. This resealable packaging means your oats will stay fresher longer, you won’t need to transfer them to another container, and you won’t find spilled oats all over your cabinets!
- Nut Crunch Snack: A delicious mix of nuts, certified gluten free oats and bits of dried fruit or chocolate, these savory yet sweet snacks will be an overall taste bud pleaser!
At Bakery On Main, they use only natural, high quality ingredients. Giving your foods a boost with ingredients such as ancient grains, whole nuts, and super foods brings you great tasting products with a unique set of added health benefits! These include:
- Chia Seed: This ancient seed is a nutritional powerhouse
packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants and minerals like calcium,
phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc.
- Quinoa: This ancient seed packs a protein punch.
- Flax Seeds: Great source of omega 3s and is antioxidant-rich.
- Whole Grains: Diets high in whole-grains may be associated
with a lower occurrence of coronary heart disease and cancers of the lung,
colon, esophagus, and stomach.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: A diet that includes foods with PA and
DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Almonds: A good source of healthy fat. These heart friendly
nuts may help lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and raise HDL (good cholesterol).
- Brazil Nuts: These are loaded with selenium and are a good
source of Vitamin-E and B-complex vitamins.
- Hazelnuts: Rich in protein and are a good source of
- Cashews: An excellent source of copper and a good source of
phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, and zinc.
- Walnuts: Eating 1.5 ounces of walnuts per day, as part of a
diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol while not increasing caloric intake,
may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Pecans: Noted by scientists as being rich in monounsaturated
fats, pecans are recommended as a cholesterol-lowering food that can
potentially aid in lowering cardiovascular disease and can be eaten without
increasing body weight.
- Oats: Due to their high fiber content, oats are known to
help remove cholesterol from the digestive system that would otherwise end up
in the bloodstream. They are also a rich source of magnesium, a mineral that
acts as a co-factor for more than 300 enzymes, including enzymes involved in
the body’s use of glucose and insulin secretion.
- Sunflower Seeds: An excellent source of vitamin E, the
body’s primary fat-soluble antioxidant. They are also rich in Phytosterol, a
good source of magnesium and selenium.
- Sesame Seeds: Not only are sesame seeds an excellent source of copper and a very good source of manganese, but they are also a good source of calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, molybdenum, selenium, and dietary fiber.
WHERE TO BUY: You can purchase Bakery on Main products directly from their website, on Vitacost (where you get $10 off your first $30 purchase), or to find the retail location nearest you, please visit their Store Locator.
There’s nothing new about gluten-free oats. But for those of us worried about our oats being contaminated with wheat containing substances, knowing that the brands we buy are made in a third party certified gluten-free facility is of real importance! This applies to buying snack products as well.
But I have to admit, even though this is a selling point, when it comes to the snacks by Bakery on Main – and their Bunches of Crunches and Nut Crunch ones in particular – this was not the first thing that drew me to them. With tons of great flavors to choose from, and an oh-too delicious taste and texture that is hard to replicate, these foods are down right addicting!
Slightly sweet and salty, with just the right amount of crunch, these snacks truly are a new favorite and ones that both my toddler and I just can’t seem to get enough of! Plus, they are filled with whole grains, healthy fats, fiber and protein, making them a “sweet treat” that really can be considered good for you – which is always a win-win in my book!
Try any or all of Bakery on Main products today and see for yourself how delicious [and nutritious] these gluten-free foods can be!
For more information about Bakery on Main, please visit their website and check them out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Contact Healthy.Fit.Fab…Moms today to learn more about helping you and your family live a healthy, fit, and fabulous life!
And please Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to stay connected!
In : Food Reviews
Tags: gluten-free oatmeal gluten-free snacks healthy snacks for kids dairy-free chocolate chocolate for kids gluten allergies healthy snacks fiber filled snacks protein filled snacks healthy fats healthy breakfast ideas