Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
Perfectly moist and delicious, these Banana Nut Muffins will fulfill all of your Banana Bread cravings, without any of the guilt. With just the right combination of banana flavor, sweetness from the Coconut Flour, heartiness from the Almond Flour and crunch from the Nuts, you have the perfect answer to your nostalgic Banana Bread carb-cravings, especially when you add a creamy pat of Coconut Oil on top! Enjoy first thing in the morning, or any time of day for that matter for an oh-so-satisfying bite of happiness.
Servings: ~ 20 muffins
- 4 Bananas (the riper, the better)
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Non-Dairy Milk (I used Silk’s Almond & Cashew Protein Milk)
- 3 TB. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ Flaxseed
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ cup Walnuts (or other nuts or seeds), optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a muffin tin with cups. I use the silicone ones.
- In a large bowl, smash the Bananas with a fork, and then add in the Eggs, Coconut Oil, Vanilla and Flaxseed. Wisk until well combined.
- In a seperate bowl, sift the Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt. As usual, I say “sift” because many of these ingredients can get caked together, and biting into chunks of baking soda isn’t tasty!
- Next, pour the Almond Flour mixture into the Banana mixture, and stir until thoroughly blended. Add in the nuts (I used Cashews this time), and again, stir until combined. Distribute the batter evenly into the lined muffin tins, filling each about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator in a resealable bag or container.