I’ve been on quite the cornbread kick lately! Maybe it’s the fact that baking is soothing to me, or the pastel yellows remind me of spring, or perhaps I just need some carbs in my life… Haha. Either way, this Corn-Studded Healthy Cornbread definitely hits the spot – every time – especially with a drizzle of local honey or some high-fiber Maple Maca Syrup (find the recipe, HERE: https://bit.ly/HomemadeSyrupRecipe).
Oh, and did I mention it's gluten-free and dairy-free too? Well it is! And it can also be made vegan - although no one will ever guess, so shhhhh!
Corn-Studded Healthy Cornbread Recipe
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
2. Mix Cornmeal, Flour, Baking Powder & Soda, Sugar, and salt in a bowl. Sift 3 times. This step really does make it light and airy – so I wouldn’t skip it!
3. Stir the Eggs, Flaxseed, Yogurt and Milk in and separate bowl. Combine with the Cornmeal Mixture.
4. Place the Butter in your baking dish, and melt in the preheated oven. Once melted, pour the hot, melted butter into the cornmeal mixture and mix so everything is thoroughly combined.
5. Gently stir in the Corn Kernels.
6. Transfer the cornmeal mixture to the prepared baking dish.
7. Bake on the center rack in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until the edges of the cornbread pull away from the sides of the dish, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.