Makes 4 large Patties (recipe can easily be doubled)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Packed ¼ cup Fresh Italian (flat leaf) Parsley (just chop
off the bottom part of the stems)
- Packed ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro (no need to remove the tender
- ¼ cup Scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 - 14½ oz can Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained – reserving
at least 2 Tbs. of the liquid
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- 1½ Tb. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- ½ tsp. ground Turmeric
- ½ tsp. round Coriander
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly Ground pepper
- ¼-½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how
spicy you like it)
- Tahini Sauce (recipe follows)
Place Garlic, Parsley, Cilantro and Scallions in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture is finely chopped.
Add all other ingredients and process, scraping down sides as necessary until mixture is thoroughly blended. You want the mixture to stick together easily, but still maintain some of its texture. Do not over-process into a paste.
If mixture is too dry, add the reserved liquid from the chickpeas, one tablespoon at a time, pulsing to incorporate.
Transfer the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes.
Form into patties and set aside. Pre-heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and lightly coat with oil (if desired). Place patties in pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Patties should be nicely browned and crisp on each side, but not burned.
Serve in a Falabel Wrap, as a burger, as your “protein”
topped with Hummus or Tahini Sauce (see recipe below), on a green salad, or
alongside a chopped salad (like Tabouleh). Enjoy!
Note: Falafel Patties can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to a week. Simply reheat in a pan or toaster before serving.
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, pressed
- 2 Tbs. Water
- Dash of Salt and/or freshly Ground Pepper
Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir. Enjoy!
In : Recipes
Tags: vegan entrees burgers